Home of the Ordan
- Gravity: 2 x Earth
- Diameter: 1.6 x Earth
- Atmosphere: Oxygen-rich, 3 times denser than Earth.
- Day Length: 27 hours
- Moons: 3. Two are Mercury sized, one is more like Ceres.
- Binary: No
- Environment: Largely rocky landmasses and deep oceans. Only patches of forests. Dherring has a large tropical zone that eases to stable polar caps.
- Orbit: Nearly circular.
- Tilt: Mild. Seasons tend to be mild and stable.
- Sun: Solitary yellow dwarf similar to the sun of the Earth.
Dherring is a periodic target of a pulsar a few light-years distant. As the pulsar wobbles, its beam of radiation washes over the planet, overwhelming the magnetosphere and stripping most life from the surface. The greater portion of life is subterranean and oceanic. The Ordan was the former.
The Ordan were finally able to rise above the caves as their technology improved until in contemporary times they occupy tall cities that dot the landscape. The pulsar now creates a pretty light-show on their shielding every few decades. Their prowess in technology that stemmed from their habitat innovation translated well into the needs of the Cooperative. Their first city is Rosteran, and this city is where much of their manufacturing for the Cooperative takes place. Their manufacturing capabilities also exist in orbit as well, exploiting microgravity.